Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:29:55 -0400
Kevanf1 wrote:
On 29/04/06, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would like to move the Ensonique on-board sound device to another IRQ
but do not know how. What is the 'correct' IRQ for sound devices? I
think it was 15 but I would prefer to leave te ide items alone.

Would moving eth0 to a different PCI slot help?

I thought sound cards normally defaulted to IRQ5 You might be able to
change the IRQ settings through the BIOS. I seem to recall that on
some BIOS's the IRQs are locked down but can be altered.

As Kevan said, probably in the BIOS. There may also be a jumper or dip switch setting on the sound card that will alter the factory shipped default IRQ.

James W.

< Previous Next >