Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:21:09 +0200
Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

> I have a 9.2 system here where the network card(Realtek 8139) and the
> on-board sound have the same IRQ.

[snip]
> I would like to move the Ensonique on-board sound device to another
> IRQ but do not know how. What is the 'correct' IRQ for sound devices?
> I think it was 15 but I would prefer to leave te ide items alone.
>
> Would moving eth0 to a different PCI slot help?

It's worth trying.

On the PCI-bus, IRQs and other hardware resources are assigned by
Plug-and-Play. This is not always the case on the ISA-bus, which is
why the BIOS on systems with ISA-busses will let you reserve IRQs and
DMA ports for non-PnP ISA cards.

As to your soundcard and your network sharing an IRQ, it shouldn't
really be a problem.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >