Re: [SLE] Mozilla Mail mail filter file?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 01:55:47 +1000
Felix Miata wrote:
On 06/04/30 03:53 (GMT-0400) Basil Chupin apparently typed:

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

I have used the GUI message filters substantially and currently have over 100 filters. Some of these filters uncheck themselves and so they are not run the next time a message that matches the filter criteria is received.

I am assuming that the details I have entered via the GUI are stored in a text file and I would like to start editing that file directly. I have done some searching through ~/ I have not been able to locate a file that holds the filter information, even in ~/.mozilla.

Is my assumption right that I can edit the filters in a text file and if so where/what is this this file called?

The file is called 'training.dat' in the Profile (Default) sub-directory but it wouldn't be editable - see for yourself.

Google is your friend:

training.dat -> junk system
msgFilterRules.dat -> messages filters (oddly enough)

http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/arch/filters/
http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.13/installation.html
http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/arch/spam/
Yes, you are correct- msgFilterRules.dat is the one for filtering mail into "pigeon holes" and this one is editable.

Cheers.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.

< Previous Next >