Re: [SLE] Re: ordering 10.1 is not going to be easy, apparently ( more)
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 02:12:24 +1000
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx> [04-30-06 02:15]:
And I live in Australia (Canberra, the Capital).

Is the Alice still 1000 miles from anywhere? Was there in the early
'60s for a couple of years.
Everything here is "1000 miles from anywhere" :-) which is why this American-created petrol price hike is causing a bit of problem here (or at least will be causing a severe problem very shortly when people really wake up to the price increase).

Having said this, things have changed somewhat since the 60's and all cities have seemingly got a bit closer because we now drive cars and even have trains and aeroplanes. Most of the main roads have also been tarred. You wouldn't recognise (note the '-ise') the place now.

Cheers.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.