Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!(now going OT)
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:07:50 +0200
Am Sonntag, 30. April 2006 19:03 schrieb LLLActive@xxxxxxx:
> On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 14:17 +0200, Catimimi wrote:
> > Kevanf1 a écrit :

> > > I just wonder what will happen when people cannot afford to go to
> > > work? We always think of the doctors and nurses, teachers etc as
> > > essential workers. But what about the lower paid shop assistants?
If
> > > they can't afford to get to work then how does everybody else buy
> > > essential goods like food? This is a worldwide phenomenon.
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Oh yes, it's a worldwide phenomenon. In France, the cheapest I can
find
> > is 132 €,
> > that is about : 150US$ in order to fill my 80L Peugeot 406 tank. Gas
is
> > cheap in
> > north america !! and it can be as expensive as 168US$ !!
> >
> > Michel.
> >

> In Germany it is also Euro 1,50 - 1,60 pro litre. 80 % of it is Tax
> though. How much Tax is on the gas in the USA? My next motor vehicle
> will be a Toyota Prius http://www.toyota.com/prius/, a hybrd. They
sell
> here for Euro 27.000 (lists for $21,728 in the USA - is it a lot for a
> vehicle there?). Consumption is around 5 l/100 km (48 miles/gal or 20
> km/l ideal = 35 m/g or 15 km/l real life city driving).
>
> :-)
>
> Al

> Erm, did you convert to $ amounts and leave it as €? I was in north
> Germany last week and back home again this week, the diesel prices
> are €1,139 and the Unleaded around €1,239 at both end of the country,
> if you are paying €1,50-€1,60 a litre I think you are going to the
> wrong garages ;-)

Well, I live in the Rheinland-Pfalz (Rhineland-Palatinate) and filled up
in the week with Diesel in my BMW for Euro 1,21 (now 1.18). Super Plus
octane today goes for Euro 1,42 - 1,49 in our small city Mainz near
Frankfurt, Euro 1,50 a few days ago. Hamburg is always cheaper because
they are an import port, I don't know why München is also cheaper. (If
you understand German, go to http://www.clever-tanken.de - my favourite
gas station at a 'Wall-Mart' like store is always 1-2 cents cheaper than
the ones they give in the list). The prices went up drastically last
weekend, due to the Iran crisis and fears of warmongering ... :-(

Al

< Previous Next >