Re: [opensuse] Giving up on Nvidia fx5500 - what other pci vid card has good drivers?
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:02:28 -0400
On Friday 28 April 2006 16:34, M.Blackmore wrote:
> I've given up on trying to make a nvidia fx5500 work with Suse 10.0,
> can't even get it to complete installation using the graphics installer,
> and can't get it to start X even when using fx86config to try and set up
> a basic.

Hi M,

First, you've omitted most of the details that might help other subscribers
understand and help with your problem (mainboard make/model, retail or OSS,
etc.?) Second, this list (opensuse) deals with future releases (factory,
betas and release candidates,) whereas suse-linux-e (SLE) is the appropriate
list for problems with released versions (i.e. 10.0, 9.3, 9.2...)

Have you seen these instructions?:

http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-installer-HOWTO.html

Carl