Re: [opensuse] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2006
  • From: cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:00:08 +0530 (IST)
Xgl doesnt require any config-file-editing. We just had (my package still
has) nice little Xgl switch to toggle 3D desktop, if you are running
nvidia card that is all is required, once the driver bit is sorted out, it
would be so for others too.

What would be a good idea for xgl-compiz is some useful plugins, we havent
seen any of those since the initial few extras. For plugin ideas one can
have a look at http://compiz.net/viewtopic.php?id=273.

-J
--
www.cyberorg.info

> How about a YaST-module for configuring/setting up Xgl?
>
> I haven't really looked into it yet - but seems to involve quite a lot of
> config-file-editing - which many people are scared to do. I think it
would be
> great for SUSE to have a YaST module for easy setup.
>
> No clue whether it's feasible or not - I must admit.
>
> cb400f

  • No further messages