Re: [opensuse] mirrors
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:06:27 +0200
On Wednesday 26 April 2006 14:44, frank nelson wrote:
> > Guess it's a matter of how much the mirror-people
> > will put up with.
>
> I highly doubt that, as I've been using SUSE since 6.x
> days, and everything has always been in one place, as
> it should be

Well, a combination of wanting to show off our openess - and the
mirrormaintainers not wanting to mirror the same quite large repo twice (i.e.
having inst-source on both ftp.suse.com and opensuse.

Maybe another idea could be to have some kind of link from the ftp.suse.com
mirrors to the inst-sources on opensuse-mirrors. Not sure if it's technically
possible.

> OpenSUSE should be reserved for
> working on the next SUSE release, and the
> finished/finalized product should be moved to the
> suse.com mirrors, to avoid any confusion.

This is a good idea actually. This would solve the problem with needing two
different mirrors. Guess it would also be easier for mirror-maintainers to
comprehend. And at the same time perhaps it would reduce the number of people
who believe they're using some Linux distro called OpenSUSE (I've never heard
seen it personally, but a lot of people talk about it ;) ).

cb400f