Re: [opensuse] mirrors
On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:27:06AM +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 April 2006 10:59, frank nelson wrote:
> > Once 10.1 final is released, are all the installation
> > sources, as well as the ISOs going to be available on
> > the regular SUSE mirrors, like they were with 9.3? God
> > knows they should be. Having two sets of mirrors to
> > install different parts of a basic SUSE Linux
> > installation is just plain silly. It's bad enough we
> > have to have things like packman and guru, to get
> > around stupid US laws, we don't need this current
> > silliness to continue, after going back to a single OS name.
>
> I believe the standard oss installation source (freeze of factory) will be on
> openSUSE mirrors. And Extra, KDE-update, Misc, etc. will be on
> ftp.suse.com-mirrors. I agree that it would be nice to have inst-source on
> ftp.suse.com-mirrors too.

It would be nice to have everything directly suported (so not KDE-Update)
in one single large directory. on ftp.suse.com mirrors.

That way you can just add one SUSE url and be done with. For 10.0 you need
3 URL's on 2 different directory structures:
[mirror]/pub/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source/
One for inst-sorce-java and one for
[mirror]/pub/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/10.0/SUSE-Linux10.0-GM-Extra

I understand that you might want to have the OSS and non-OSS appart. So
use OSS on openSUSE mirrors and non-OSS *plus* OSS on suse.com

I even doubt that the openSUSE mirror is needed, as people can decide
wether or not to install software.

houghi