Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 08:07:38PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Ok. But it needs a programming effort. It doesn't use the GNU gettext
> utilities. In fact, I don't think I have seen a bash script with
> translations: it must be difficult.

It is not difficult, it just is not worth the extra trouble. It would
double or tripple the size of your script and make it more complicated
then needed.
It also doe NOT need programming efford enymore then a .po file does. The
fact that it does not use gettext utilities is also of no importance.

It can be done reasonably easy. It is just not worth the efford. 81 lines
from the 610 in makeSUSEdvd contain 'echo' wich means that is the number
of lines I would have to edit. For each language, either the script will
be 81 lines longer, or the download more complex.

I am sure people can make a working script that says 'Uw taal is' or 'Your
language is' or whatever in under 20 lines.

> Hey, notice that there are several people in this thread, and each one
> looks at the issue differently. I'm interested mostly in translation. I'm
> also interested in documentation, in general, but I'll try to keep my self
> mostly centered in translation: of the program and of the documentation.

Sorry, mixed you up with the OP.

houghi