Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:02:59PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> but a man mapge is just that: a remainder of commands

For me `an interface to the on-line reference manuals` is more then just a
list of -v, -h, -l and so on.

> all other is a true documentation.

OK. What should be at least added are some usable examples and more
explanation then what the -h gives you. If you have that, then you have
almost true documentation *for the use of the program*.
Other documentation can talk about the history, the future, the people or
worldpeace and should not be part of the manpage.

One of the best manpages is, I think, fetchmail. Especially the part
"CONFIGURATION EXAMPLES". I learned more from that chapter on how to use
it then from any other part of the manpage.

Once I had it running (did not took too long) I could look into the rest
of the parameters and learn to use it.

> you know the thing who lacks the more in big apps is the
> goal of the app.
>
> try to figure out what is the goal of Xen...

Perhaps a mission and vision statement is more apropriate for large apps.
;-)

houghi