Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:45:13PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> To translate a program you need the sources because the documentation you
> see is the output of a postprocess. You need the sources of the
> documentation. Also, for the step of translating the messages a program
> gives you do need the source code. In theory, the .po file should be
> enough, but you need the context.

And here I thought it was about documentation. Now suddenly it is about
translating programs. Writing Documentation and even translating
Documentation is something different then translating a program.

A running program should be enough to translate your .po file. However it
could then indeed be that some sourcecode editing is needed.

This was not what I thought we were talking about. I understood that we
were talking about documentation of a program. Now that it looks we are
talking about translation of a program, so it can be used in multiple
languages natively, everything that has been said means nothing, as we
were talking about different things.

houghi