Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
  • From: Andreas <linuxdreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:23:39 -0700
Am Dienstag, den 25.04.2006, 01:32 +0200 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

> If there are so few writers and translators, perhaps there is something
> wrong that don't attract these people to help. So, something has probably
> got to be done to attract them. One of my guess is that good translators
> translate for a living and are not interested in working for free (as in
> beer).

I don't know about "good". Anyhow, I would like to do some translation
work for an open source project too, but then again, taking a look at a
random man page frustrates more than anything: Even for a native English
speaker, who is not exactly a Linux-buff though, the average man page is
simply gibberish (try man mount, or - for the real brave - man rpm)

And what helps a translation of an outdated or plain wrong
documentation.

Example: Try to find a complete list of evolution's command line
options. The help centre lists some options and refers to "entering the
command man evolution or evolution --help" for a full list.
Yeah right. A man page for evolution simply does not exist, and
evolution --help does not even list the options given in the help centre
(but a lot of other stuff).

Andreas