Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:10:59 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-04-25 at 01:53 +0200, houghi wrote:

> > > These are all things you need to decide for yourself. You said that there
> > > were programs that lacked documentation. Start there. As you are on
> > > dialup, use a package that is available on your distro already.
> >
> > Impossible. You need the sources, and they are not included, you have to
> > downloaded them.
>
> You only need the sources of the specific program you are working on.

Of course. But your recomendation of starting with a package included on
the distro because he is on dial up, is not valid, because the sources are
no longer included. That's what I meant.

As a matter of fact, any one wanting to translate a project would
better go to the project web page, and get the latest source. Then, he
should contact the developpers, and this often means subscribing to the
mailing list of that project (no single contact address provided or
known). Sometimes he may need write access to the cvs server, and that
is not so simple.

It is a complicated thing, in fact. I know it, because I'm doing it.

> Well, I think that what you want is not available and the way you want it,
> not possible and this list not qualified.

Why not? Wouldn't you like to improve linux and opensuse ? :-P

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson