Re: [opensuse] suse 10.1 does not resolv in local network
  • From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:17:47 +0200
hi,

Am Montag, den 24.04.2006, 15:39 +0200 schrieb Per Jessen:

> Then you need
>
> 1) a name-server and
> 2) to have the DHCP-server update that name-server dynamically.

as I wrote in my mail, we have active diretory running with dns
included ....
(standard software: wins, dhcp, dns in the AD)

if I set my suse-box up for gathering IP addresse, it gets one, but the
MS dhcp server does not
get information about the client name.

I just can check a box in the network services that my suse-box gets the
pc-name of
a resolved name of a dhcp IP addresse which a client had in former
times.

a windows client just enters the network and sends its name to the
dhcp/dns server.
its automatically inserted into dhcp and dns.

why is it not possible for linux acing the same way? :-(

> /Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

regards
Andrew

< Previous Next >