Re: [opensuse] Zope 2.9.2 Installation Problem
  • From: Jerry Westrick <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:02:54 +0200
On Saturday 22 April 2006 20:32, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2006-04-22 20:26:04 +0200, Jerry Westrick wrote:
> > To be honest I'm not sure of the what/why/when of this.
> > can anyone explain to me what effect the renaming of the file has?
> > and while you are at it, maybe the idea behind setting it up so in SUSE?
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-packaging/2006-Apr/0003.html
>
> hope this helps
>
> darix
Yep, that is just about what I expected, but the zope people seams to have a
problem with the usage of the prefix variables and such....

They installation uses the "home" variable which is then rejected by the
python setup stuff as "Cannot not specify both prefix and home"!

Of course they are very sticky on using a "python compiled from scratch", and
refuse any discusions on using a "Distro"'s python....

The way they say "Distro" makes it sound like a word...

Don't get me wrong I really like Zope2, and I'm really gratefull for all the
effort and time the've put in to, but....

I really don't want to have to support and debug 2 identical pythons:
one for programming in zope, and one for programming out of zope...

Okay after I've installed the python, I now rename the distuls.cfg back?

Jerry