Re: [opensuse] cryptoloop
  • From: Oliver Tennert <O.Tennert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:40:10 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Friday, April 21, 2006 at 20:24:30, Oliver Tennert wrote:
>
> > And SUSE should consider evaluating dm-crypt as soon as possible, in my
> > opinion.
>
> As you are obviously very familiar with that stuff would you care to
> help? Maybe we can start by creating a wiki page gathering information
> about the current state of everything. I have a lot of information in a
> document i made two years ago but im not sure if all that is still
> valid.

I would certainly like to have a look at it. And Wiki sounds always good.

> We definately need to do something _for_ the future and we need to keep
> up to changes in that area.
>
> Would you care to take on the title "openSUSE cryptofs officer"? :)

Would that be equivalent to a senior solutions engineer rubber title or
below? :)

I also certainly wouldn't say no if you are asking me to review concepts,
submit patches to scripts and so on. I certainly have no vacancies left to take
over any sort of maintainership, unfortunately. And I'm not a
cryptographer either, so hardcore crypto review is outside my
capabilities, as are in-depth kernel implementation issues.

I neither may not be the best man to write YasT plugins and the like, as
it would mean learning a lot of stuff concerning the python (?) backend to
YasT. Furthermore, some of SUSE's administrative interfaces seem to change
from time to time, to put it mildly:)

Best regards

Oliver

__

Dr. Oliver Tennert
Senior Solutions Engineer
CAx Professional Services
science + computing ag
phone +49(0)7071 9457-598 Hagellocher Weg 71-75
fax +49(0)7071 9457-411 D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany
O.Tennert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.science-computing.de

< Previous Next >