Re: [opensuse] cryptoloop
  • From: Oliver Tennert <O.Tennert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 20:24:30 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> SLES 10 is exactly SUSE Linux 10.1 with better and longer support.
>
> Please read the sentence above again.
>
> Please try to understand that fact.
>
> Now you can see that there is no switch happening right now. It happened
> years ago.

Alright, now I got another point, sorry for not grasping that fact at
once. I was misled by the conception that whereas in the consumer series
cryptoloop has been uswed since 9.2, in the enterprise series this is only
the case in the forthcoming release. Sorry about that misunderstanding.
Sorry Carl-Daniel, sorry Henne.

Nevertheless what I said about the technical side regarding cryptoloop vs.
dm-crypt remains the same, and SUSE may reconsider bringing the
announcement in question in the release notes of SLES 10.

And SUSE should consider evaluating dm-crypt as soon as possible, in my
opinion.

Best regards

Oliver

__

Dr. Oliver Tennert
Senior Solutions Engineer
CAx Professional Services
science + computing ag
phone +49(0)7071 9457-598 Hagellocher Weg 71-75
fax +49(0)7071 9457-411 D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany
O.Tennert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.science-computing.de