Re: [opensuse] making the community grow
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:41:50PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > One of the things needed to attract the community is to make SUSE
> > community wikis better - perhaps we need to add the ability to go
> > *level up* & improve browsing through wiki.
> >
> > Current openSUSE Wiki navigation is bad which makes it hard to find
> > docs written by community.
>
> there are several problems.
>
> * better index pages
> * better search engine
> * better use of categories...
> * better use of sub pages/sub categories...
>
> but all this is time consuming, so please, if you can, even
> a casual help is good :-)

I would also add:
* better linking to other related pages
* more editing on pages that are not your own.

An extremely good start is http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Specialpages
where you can see e.g. if 'Oldest Pages' need changes. What pages do not
have a catagory. What pages are wanted and other things.

>From http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Statistics :
There are 21,894 registered users, of which 22 (or 0.10%) are
administrators (see Project:Administrators).

I would say almost 22.000 is not a bad number. The question is on how to
make them active.

houghi