cryptoloop
  • From: Oliver Tennert <O.Tennert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:23:02 +0200
Hello,

I understand that (Open)SUSE 10.1 ist going to be the test arena for SLES 10,
or am I wrong?

Now I have just read the Release Notes for SLES 10 RC1 and got struck by
these lines:

"Mounting Encrypted Partitions

With SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 we switched to "cryptoloop" as the
default
encryption module. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 used twofish256 using
loop_fish2 with 256 bits. The old twofish is supported as twofish. Now we are
using twofish256 using cryptoloop with 256 bits. The old twofish256 is
supported as twofishSL92. The old twofish is supported as twofish.
"

Now, obviously SUSE ist going to switch from an absolutely not widespread
solution to an obsolete solution, and furthermore announces this as a novelty
for the next-generation enterprise distro. What is this? Every other Distro
(Fedora, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu et al.) is using dm-crypt and even going to
integrate LUKS, only SUSE does not!

I really do NOT understand that in any way. Does anybody else?

Best regards

Oliver

--
At Group L, Stoffel oversees six first-rate programmers, a managerial
challenge roughly comparable to herding cats.
-- The Washington Post Magazine, June 9, 1985
--
__

Dr. Oliver Tennert
Senior Solutions Engineer
CAx Professional Services
science + computing ag
phone +49(0)7071 9457-598 Hagellocher Weg 71-75
fax +49(0)7071 9457-411 D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany
O.Tennert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.science-computing.de

< Previous Next >