Re: [opensuse] bug fix support by community
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:21:00 +0200
Hi,

On Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 17:14:54, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> > > y2pmbuild should be fully functional with the BuildRequires expansion
> > > stuff that went into build.rpm -- there is no real need to use y2pmsh,
> > > IIUC.
> >
> > Mmmmm.. not quite, as y2pmbuild uses y2pmsh to install missing
> > BuildRequires into the build chroots.
>
> Right, but that could be done by simple rpm calls + the BuildRequires
> expansion that comes with build.rpm! y2pmsh is only used to compute the
> dependencies, IIUC.

And for the repo handling. We just need uberbuild that incorporates all
features of y2pmbuild, build.rpm and the build service commandline
client. With the BuildRequires expansion we came a good step closer to a
unified (local) build tool. The rest should be pretty straigth forward.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, Core Services
"Rules change. The Game remains the same."

< Previous Next >