Re: [opensuse] bug fix support by community
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:46:23PM +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> To keep it limited to an update-only notification tool, it could only
> notify the end-user when an update to an already installed package is
> available from any of the registered installation sources.
> That wouldn't be all that complex to implement (and the user could
> choose/configure whether he wants to be notified about new packages as
> well or only about updates).

As long as the package had the feature to or wil only update those from
the original source, I would be very happy to use it.

e.g. if there I have a xmms installed from SUSE and there is a newer
version on Packman, I want to keep my SUSE, or the other way around.

On the `smart` thing. If it is so much better then the YaST software
management, why not ditch the seconds and replace it with smart? It should
not be too hard to make a YaST module. Could/should be doable for 10.2

houghi