Re: [opensuse] apparmor - nuisance or blessing?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:21:46 +0200
Alexey Eremenko wrote:

> AppArmor can be turned off. If you have problems with it - turn it
> off.

Yeah, I know. I did also suggest to Novell to have it turned off by
default, but their reasoning was to leave it on by default to create
more feedback. Which in a way makes sense, except when you have to
update apparmor profiles whenever you change the slightest config.
That's why I thought it might make sense if apparmor didn't see things
as either black or white, but would just warn people when it detects
something unexpected. Otherwise Novell will end up with zero feedback
because everyone just turns it off.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich