Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.1 RC1 - Wireless PCI card - can not enable it and get it up
  • From: "Audrius Verseckas" <suseopen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:03:46 +0300
On 4/18/06, Tim Harper <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If its named eth1, its likely not configured properly.
>
> Try reconfiguring it with YAST, under the network card configuration
> component? Delete the configuration for eth1, and create a new wireless one.
> Under the hardware selection dialog, if you're card isn't listed as being
> supported, you'll have to install ndiswrapper, and then install the windows
> driver (which is what I had to do).

I do not think so... System detects card correctly... only can not get
it up... And I think because of not correct firmware...

I found on http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/ site that if I have a PCI
softmac card (and it seems that my SMC2802W V2 is) I have to put
special firmware in

/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/

But I cannot find such dir in Suse 10.1... Maybe someone could point
me where I have to put it?

Audrius

< Previous Next >