Re: [opensuse] backup question to y'all
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 11:57:43PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> storeBackup isn't complicated, it just has lots of options you _can_
> (not: "have to") use for finetuning ;-)
>
> If you want to use the default options, simply run
> storeBackup -s /home/mydata -t /backup

I need some finetuning, because I backup more then one directory.
For that I need to do work around it with `ln -s` in yet another
directory.
Then there are things I do NOT want to have included.
Also I need to start writing scripts to do more of what I want (according
to the EXAMPLES) not what I expect of a backup script. If I am going to
that, I can better just write a backup script for me specifically.

I am sure it is a great tool, but it is not one I would use in my current
situation. Also strange that I did not find a word about restoring data,
or at least not realy. What I found was:
You can use this information to write your own tools to restore
or to analyze the backups.

For me restoring is more important then a backup. With so much
information, at least 1 alinea about how restoring works should not be too
much to ask.

Sorry, not my kind of tool.

houghi