Re: [opensuse] 10.1 RC1 to final by updating RPMs?
  • From: Tim Harper <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:26:38 -0600
If you can find the RPM repository, you could just create a yum repository
file in /etc/yum.repos/suse-base to a install source (a url that contains the
repodata folder)

For example:

[suse-base]
name=suse-base
baseurl=http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Then, run yum update

That should at least upgrade all of your packges to the version of the next
distro. I've upgraded many a times fedora core from an entire number to the
next via yum, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it with SUSE.

Tim