Re: [opensuse] Can someone explain SLICK
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:09:49PM +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> So, say you have a bunch of RPMs in ~/repository/RPMS, then you just
> need to do this:
>
> cd ~/repository
> createrepo .

On SUSE you have a directory /usr/src/packages/RPMS wich is where e.g.
checkinstall puts its stuff. I would also not do the cd, because that
requires a cd after that as well. In your example I would just do
`createrepo ~/repository`

> You can use a cache directory so that createrepo only parses RPM files
> that are new since the last run:
>
> createrepo --cache .cache .

Nice to know. I with my 87 RPMs don't need it.

You can also use it to download RPMs from anywhere or copy them from CD's
or whereever, wich can be interesting if your connection is expensive.

houghi