Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse 10.0 - how to stop kernel logging for usb-storage??
  • From: "Otto Rodusek (AP-SGP)" <otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:39:57 +0800
Hi Carl,

You guessed wrong!! It is the plain vanilla kernel as delivered by suse.

uname -a

Linux rentsch-asia 2.6.13-15.8-default #1 Wed Mar 29 01:28:03 SGT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Why do you suspect a non-standard kernel?? Is it possible the DVD I download has a kernel patch with a debugging factor?? I did do a YOU update and that did install a new kernel - but the problem was the same with both !!

Rgds. Otto.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
Otto Rodusek (AP-SGP) schrieb:
[OpenSuse 10.0 - how to stop kernel logging for usb-storage??]

Hi,

I got a problem with opensuse 10.0 logging mechanism. It works properly
in most instances except when I connect an external usb-2 device (ie. a
hard disk). The external usb works fine BUT /var/log/messages becomes
VERY huge VERY fast with tons of data from kernel - see below. Does
anyone have any idea how to reduce the amount of output from the kernel
for usb-storage. Thanks for any help and/or advice. Rgds.

Let me guess. You are not using the default SUSE kernel.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
< Previous Next >