Re: [opensuse] Can someone explain SLICK
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:14:44AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> Kynaptic is Debians Synaptic for KDE, right? I can't say if it widens
> your choice a lot - personally, I've only very rarely had a need
> for software not found @SUSE, but our requirements could be
> quite different.
> But I do download many things directly and just build from scratch.

A nice way to do this now is make an RPM (e.g. with checkinstall or any
other way) and then run `createrepo /usr/src/packages/RPMS` and add that
directory to you installation source.

If you have several machines to install, you can either see that the above
URL is reachable by whatever networkmeans you have or burn the extra RPMs
to a DVD (even if you already have a DVD) with
`makeSUSEdvd -a /usr/src/packages/RPMS` which then lets you install the
programs at the moment of installation.

houghi