Re: [opensuse] Can someone explain SLICK
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:33:58 +0200
HG wrote:

> Ok, perhaps companies or institutions who want to standardize. But
> home users... the biggest problem with SUSE has been that you need to
> reinstall everything when you want the versions of something (for
> instance, some small application that happens to need newer KDE).

Well, if you're reinstalling for that sort of thing, I can see why you
think it's a problem. I would tend to turn that around and say the
small application is the problem, not SUSE. Chances are you might very
well be able to just rebuild that small app instead (using your current
KDE).

> Last question, would this be _the_ version to install to a laptop that
> doesn't have a CD drive (and therefore all SUSE updates are a pain..)?

You can always install an update over the network.

> I presume this can be installed with floppies and network?

Probably even easier - USB-stick.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich