Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse 10.1 beta 9: Problem to resolve hostnames from LDAP-Database
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:50:08 +0200
Hello,

Am Montag, 10. April 2006 09:40 schrieb Jens Weiße:
> I discovered a strange problem with hostname resolution under
> OpenSuse 10.1 beta 9. The hostnames are stored in a LDAP database.
> [...]
> The user login works fine. With "getent hosts" I became full list of

BTW: "become" is a famous mis-translation from german. You better never
say "I'd like to become a steak" ;-) (become = werden)

> hostnames. But ping (and maybe sshd) can't resolve the hostname. ping
> doesn't work and ssh login attempts need nearly 1 minute.
>
> The same setup (/etc/ldap.conf, /etc/openldap/ldap.conf,
> /etc/nsswitch.conf) works on Suse 9.3 and 10.0 very well. The TLS
> encryption is working and is not the problem.

This sounds like a regression / bug - please file a bugreport.

Regards,

Christian Boltz, random sig ;-)
--
BUGS My programs never have bugs. They just develop random
features. If you discover such a feature and you want it to