Re: [opensuse] ftp special access
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:07:19 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Robert Schiele wrote:

> > How about using the wiki upload mechanism? We already used it to store
> > our FOSDEM slides.
>
> Hahaha! Have you ever tried this? I once tried to upload my openSUSE
> LaTeX slide style files upon Adrian's suggestion. The wiki refused them
> because they are not images. My question how this is supposed to be
> done if only images are accepted produced just silence. Thus I decided
> to put them to
> http://pi3.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~schiele/opensuseslides/ instead.

I'v successfully uploaded PDFs, but uploading files with some strange
extensions (.sty for example) failed. But how often do you need to upload
stuff other than images or PDFs?

> > > For example a page on the wiki for "data proposal", or an e-mail
> > > address (ftp@xxxxxxxxxxxx???) where we could propose our data
> >
> > Please don't misuse mails for sending data over the internet, this is
> > not what it's supposed to do ;)
>
> Well, provide an alternative! I mean _I_ have webspace available but
> not everybody has.

As long as we are only talking about documents (i.e. PDFs), the wiki is
perfectly fine IMHO. If there is other stuff that needs to be stored in a
central place, let me know and we will figure a way to get this working.

Regards
Christoph