Re: [opensuse] hda seen as hdc
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 10:37:22 -0500
jdd wrote:
on my laptop (the same :-), I can't really use the cd to
install.

So I copy the first disk on the hard draive and install from
there.

->how can Y copy _all_ the cd? is it enough to copy the cd
one after the other on the same directory?

->minimal install dont go, but kde do, without questions,
but I need 2Gb free...

_>when I lauch yast, it sees my hard drive as _hdc_ when it
has always been hda. of course all is miwed then, menu.lst
and fstab, so I need to fire the rescue disk (see always
hdc) and correct this by hand.

10.0 (did not think to try to install kde with 10.1, may be
it works :-)

jdd

Jean,

make in the same directory CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4 and CD5 subdirectories and copy CD-s there. Set directory CD1 as source of installation and that should work. It worked here from 9.3, for 10 I copied whole DVD in one empty partition.

The space problem you can't skip as 10 looks for all five CD-s, 10.1 for three even for minimal graphic system.

--
Regards,
Rajko.