GNOME KDE and fonts

On SUSE 10.0, latest KDE and GNOME:

I run evolution in KDE. No real problems there. Except...

I have set the default font for GNOME apps in GNOME's config tool (the
gui). When I run evolution on KDE, it does not use that font unless I
have run the GNOME config GUI and started the font selection dialog at
least once since logging in. My font is properly being saved in GNOME's
config (it is still selected when I run the config GUI). It is enough to
simply start the font dialog.

Any reason? Is there some generated settings file or gnome process that
is not present until I do this?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB