Re: [SLE] Fw: Terminal Services
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 06:05:01 -0800
Carl,

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 05:02, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 07:16, Sebastian Pederiva wrote:
> > I need to connect to a windows system through terminal services,
> > and I want to know with which suse application can I do it.
>
> Hi Sebastion,
>
> I thought "terminal" was legacy vernacular for "text console," in
> which case you just open shell from your desktop or switch to a
> console {Ctl+Alt+F[1-6]}

More or less, but Microsoft's Terminal Service / Server is about full
remote GUI access. It's roughly analagous to NX / FreeNX, VNC or to
simply accessing X remotely. It has sophisticated compression that
makes it actually usable on a modem and quite good in high-speed
connections.

The OP already got suggestions for Linux software for accessing a
Windows Terminal Server.

> - Carl

Randall Schulz