Help with firewall configuration and mpd
  • From: Jon Jahren <jon.jahren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:41:58 +0100
Hello, I've installed mpd on my SUSE computer, and I want to use ncmpc
on a remote computer to connect to the daemon.
I've tried configuring the firewall from YaST, however, I don't know
what settings to change, and where to change them. External zone? I know
it's the 6600 port, and I've been to the "allowed services" section of
the firewall settings, and I added 6600 tcp to "Additional allowed
ports", but nothing else. Nothing happened, and when I nmap the "server"
it only shows ssh. Some help here please?
Regards
Jon Jahren