Re: [SLE] OCR software
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:39:03 +0000
In a previous message, Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone know of any OCR software that -actually- works? I've tried gocr and
> ocrad and neither one produces -any- readable output.

I've used Kooka to drive both gocr and ocrad with fair success - the output
required a few changes per sentence but not much more than that. As with most
OCR software, they need the best scan you can provide (Kooka helps a lot with
that), a good dictionary to work against (again, Kooka does that) and an
original using a readable font. I have to say that driving either gocr or
ocrad alone was a thankless task for me.

If your original is good quality, try Kooka. Read the help files and plug in
the suggested settings, and see how you go.

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price