Mainboard selection
  • From: Roland Turcan <konf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:27:23 +0100
Hello suse-linux-e!

I am thinking about buy this mainboard and CPU:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 64bit. soc.939
MB Microstar K8N nWidia nForce NF3

I am not sure if still SuSE 9.2 is not able to support south brigde of
this board. I was trying to build similar computer in October 2005 and
I had to change to board who support AMD processor with socket 754,
because network adapter didn't work and as I remember that USB had
problems too.

Maybe you take me question, that why I don't want SuSE 10.0, but the
reason is, that I have got very bad experiences with running Kylix 3
Pro on Linux kernel 2.6.11=>. On 9.2 it works.

I woun't buy it if it won't work corretly for me.

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk