Re: [SLE] The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:45:22 +0000
> > From time to time Kmail on my Suse 9.3, KDE 3.5 frustrates me with the
> > following information:
> >
> > Sending failed:
> > Connection to host smtp.indo.net.id is broken.
> > The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
> > problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
> > folder. The following transport protocol was used:
> > Bonet direct
>
> I have had the same issue as well, on Suse 10, KDE 3.5. That generally
> happens at the same time that Kinternet displays an icon reporting a broken
> connection. Even when the connection is back (and Kmail can download mail),
> output email still stays in the output box. I also noticed several kio_smtp
> processes running.
> The only solution I have found is to reboot. Then the pending messages are
> correctly sent.
>
> regards
> Emmanuel

Hi ..

Whenever i get that message from Kmail it has always been down to a problem
with the out going address in the Email you are trying to send correct that
and away it goes ..

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed there emblem from a rose to a condom
as it more accuratley reflects the governments political stance.

A condom allows for inflation halts production destroys the next gereration,
protects a bunch of pricks, and givesyou a sense of security while you are
actually bieng fucked

from GSM

< Previous Next >