Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:50:24 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

> I just ran the above via a remote konsole, and my 2-way machine
> certainly _appears_ to be locked up. I'll have to make my way to the
> computer-room to check out the local console.

Well, the local console was still responding, but after entering a
single keystroke, I had to wait for about 5 mins before the next was
accepted. I ended up rebooting that machine. It was not locked up as
such, merely unusable and the fastest recovery was to reboot. It took
about 1, maybe 2mins for it to accept the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination.
Of course, this was still on 2.4 - it's quite possible 2.6 with proper
pre-emption would have behaved much better.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >