Dual Boot Under Grub
  • From: Lucky Leavell <susemisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:33:45 -0500 (EST)
OS: SuSE 10.0
Other OS: Win95
Disk: One EIDE
Partitions: hda1 Win95
hda2 Linux Swap
hda3 SuSE 10

This was originally a Win95 system but I shrank the FAT32 to 500+Mb and
installed SuSE. Everything worked fine but I wanted to be sure no one
booted Win95 so I used the YaST Boot Loader module to delete the Win95
section. Now I want to put it back and have managed to get to the point it
says "Grub Loading Stage 2". Then several messages flash by and it goes
back to the menu. Questions:

1. Does grub log these messages anywhere? Where?
2. Alternatively, can it be forced to halt instead of continuing?

BTW, the Windows section of menu.lst is:

unhide (hd0,0)
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
makeactive
boot

from the "info grub" section on DOS/Windows.

Thank you,
Lucky Leavell