Re: [SLE} The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 07:24:26 +0000

On Thursday 02 February 2006 13:23, Carl Hartung wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 08:19, Emmanuel Briot wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > ... Even when the connection is back (and Kmail can download mail),
> > output email still stays in the output box.
>
> Have you tried double-clicking on the message in your outbox to open it and
> then clicking 'Send' again? Also, don't confuse a legitimate server busy
> problem with an error at your end. Your KMail settings don't normally
> change on their own, so you should expect it to work the same way every
> time you run it. What happens if you just forget about the problem for a
> couple of hours? Does it clear itself up (or have you not tried this?)
>
> > I also noticed several kio_smtp processes running.
> > The only solution I have found is to reboot.

I used to have that exact same problem in 9.2 and KDE 3.3? I think? Never did
figure out why but I got around it by downloading my mail first and then
sending out mail.

Problem went away after I upgraded KDE. I missed the first part of this thread
so I don't know what version or KDE you are running.

Bob S

  • No further messages