Re: [SLE] Hello
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:30:10 -0800
Gary,

Welcome.

On Thursday 02 February 2006 22:57, Gary Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newcomer to Suse, Linux and this group and will
> be lurking trying to learn as much as I can.
>
> Just wanted to make my introduction to all & there's
> absolutely no need to reply.

Oh, but there is!

You used your mail client's "Reply" function then edited the Subject.
This is a big no-no, since to subscribers with good email clients
(those that do topic threads) your reply appears to be a part of the
thread containing the message you chose to reply to, which it is not.

Please create a genuine new message to start a new topic thread.

Also, a Reply-To header is not advised. We strongly prefer to keep all
mail on the list, and a Reply-To header drawing responses back to you
thwarts that policy.

> All the best,
>
> Gary

Randall Schulz