Re: [SLE] Session management error
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:42:25 +0000
Carl Hartung wrote:
I use the YaST interface as follows:

- YOU (online update) to download and install official SUSE patches plus optional bits and pieces distributed through by SUSE through YOU.

- Install and Remove/Software Management for original SUSE package repositories (mirrors), including 'unofficial' supplementary directories.

I use the CLI "apt" system (another "bolt-on" rpm interface) to access community-maintained repositories with packages from "third parties" like Packman.

I'm curious why you use apt for this instead of just adding packman as a source in YaST?

The whole point of these systems is to allow one to define on-line sources at the start and take advantage of them without having to deal with manual downloads, installs and dependencies.

Absolutely :)

Cheers, Dave