Re: [SLE] samba question!
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:04:58 +0000
On 03/02/06, daniel parkes <liquidsmail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hy people,
>

> I have a strage problem here, i have sles8 with samba 2.2, and whe i mount a
> windows ntfs share on my linux box i dont see all the files that the share
> has, because if i list the files using ftp or on the proper local machine
> and i count the files i have 3500, and when i list then on my linux box on
> the mounted smbfs i only see 2000, sometimes i get 0 files listed, i have
> tried mounting the share with samba 3.0 in a debian box with exactly the
> same result... , the thing is if i try moving a file that i cant see i can
> move it and use it with no probss... :¿.
>

> strange thing?? can someone help me out here?
>

> the windows share is a w2003.
>
> thnX!

Could this be Windows hiding the files? I recall that there is an
option to hide certain files in Windows. I would have thought this
could hide them from a Samba box.

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay