Re: [SLE] Cannot talk to netgear WGT624 wireless router ??
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:13:31 -0500
On Friday 03 February 2006 23:17, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> ps:  I really appreciate and envy your analytical approach and excellent
> ability to convey information.

Thanks, Patrick (blush!) Coming from *you* that is extremely high praise!

I'm still looking over the results you posted (thank you!) I've really wanted
to know what the output would look like, and now I do. I appreciate it!

I don't know if you've been here yet:
www.netgear.com > Support > Downloads and FAQ for the WGT624 108 Mbps Router:
{note: this is one very long link cut into three pieces for mailing}
http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira/default.asp?question_box=
WGT624&collections=kb_file%2Cdatasheets&ui_mode=question&x=
62&y=22&collection_restriction=kb_file

I was able to download the manual and am starting to look at it now.

Am I misunderstanding something? If your box is *not* using dhcpcd and is
establishing a working connection with the RP114, doesn't that imply you have
eth0 configured with a static address?

Also, I assume you're connecting via the same cable to routers when you swap
them out and are not plugging in some kind of 100BaseTX>Wireless
Adapter/Transceiver?

Carl

< Previous Next >