Re: [SLE] Amarok and ogg files
  • From: Brian Green <brian.green@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 14:16:17 +0000
Hi Francesco

Which engine have you installed/are you using with Amarok?

The Amarok web site (http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/FAQ &
http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/Audio_Engine_Comparison) appear to
prefers using xine (i.e. helix and realplayer plugins).

Note: I had great fun, when building Amarok, getting it to acknowledge the xine
engine (now the only engine installed in my setup) ...

If you've got xine separately installed try running your ogg files directly from
it (there's no problems with my USB MP3 player files being accessed by xine (or,
Amarok))

Cheers

Brian