Re: [SLE] Cannot talk to netgear WGT624 wireless router ??
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:49:58 -0500
On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 10:02 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx> [02-04-06 01:27]:
> > Not great help here Patrick, but I understand that USR has a $50 mail
> > in rebate for their wireless base stations, offer on till end of April
> > or so. If you return this critter mayhap you might want to check one
> > out.
>
> Does the USR work with linux? Have you expierence or knowledge of a
> functional linux environment with the USR. (Still have 5 or 6 of the
> early USR modems).

I was talking to my hardware pusher yesterday scoping out a new
wireless base station, he recommended that I think of that unit, and he
knows I run Linux. It should be OS agnostic. Your current fun sucks
big time. :(

I cruised on over to their site and found this link:
http://www.usr.com/products/networking/router-product.asp?sku=USR8054

WPA but no WEP for authentication, claims MAC filtering.

< Previous Next >