Re: [SLE] Cannot talk to netgear WGT624 wireless router ?? [SOLVED]
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 09:31:58 +0200
On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 17:54 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> It's usually something simple <grin>... KISS
It's often the most simple problems that take the most time to solve :-(

> btw: I am unable to configure dynamic dns on the router. ???
Sadly, not all the routers have dyndns support, and some that do support
only a few networks.

Have a look at ddclient (on your discs). Not sure how you would
configure for no-ip.com but ddclient--help basically gives you an
example config that covers everything. If the router does natting, then
ddclient is still able to get your correct IP address using this line in
the ddclient.conf:

use=web

Hans

< Previous Next >