Re: [opensuse] Re: kotd nongpl kernels for beta3
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 01:31:16 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Anders Johansson wrote:
Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

This nasty inconsistency is still not fixed yet.
What is going on at SUSE?
Do we have to see a loss of quality with the loss of Hubert?

This happened a lot even when Hubert was there, it is a natural
consequence of the experimental nature of the kotd kernels. If some part
of the build process fails, the corresponding package will not be built.
It happens and happened all the time, there would be kernel-source
packages much newer than the binary packages, because the binaries
wouldn't build

Try not to have selective amnesia for the purposes of politics, please

I am not able to justice about amnesia (not only because I can't reflect my own amnesia depth), but did you ever notice the first stage of this escalation?

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

< Previous Next >